Cloud Performance Monitoring – Real-Time Metrics
Cloud performance monitoring using SolarWinds® Pingdom® is vital to ensuring your website and web applications are properly optimized for speed and availability.
Cloud-Based Solutions to Improve Performance
Monitoring web performance in the cloud gives you an invaluable insight into how well your website is performing without the need of building a home-grown monitoring solution. Pingdom provides several useful functions to help guide your optimization efforts and ensure your developers can deliver continuous load time improvements.
- Transaction testing – Every user interaction is effectively a transaction, passing data between browser and back-end database. The faster these transactions complete, the more performant your application will be. Pingdom allows you to map out each transaction before testing them automatically according to a schedule of your choice to help you identify where transactions are underperforming.
- Real user monitoring (RUM) – Real user monitoring gives you the ability to see exactly what each visitor sees as they interact with your application or website. You can track their journey in real time, monitoring every click and input to spot usability issues as well as general performance problems.
- Web performance history – Pingdom keeps a record of web performance tests so you can analyze and compare stats after making improvements. The page speed report shows test results as far two weeks back in time, while the visitor insights report stores data for up to 400 days. The data retention period for transaction reports is “forever,” meaning you can view the data as far back as you’d like.
Cloud Monitoring to Get Alerted When Your Website Is Down
Cloud-based monitoring can get you alerted to an outage of the whole website or crucial transactions as soon as possible, so none of your users are affected. Use Pingdom to ensure the correct person receives the message and starts the troubleshooting process.
- Uptime checks every minute – Pingdom checks availability every 60 seconds and sends alerts as soon as an issue is detected. Using a network of 100-plus probe servers distributed around the world, Pingdom can check your website availability from a broad range of geographic locations simultaneously.
- Alerts through the channel you like – In case of an outage or an underperforming website transaction, Pingdom notifies the correct person through the most suitable channel. It sends alerts through email, SMS, push notifications, or a popular collaboration tool, such as Slack, PagerDuty, or OpsGenie.
- Any time, any place, any device – The Pingdom platform is accessible from a broad range of devices, allowing you to assess cloud performance whenever and however is most convenient for you. A powerful web interface allows you to access settings and reports from your desktop computer. And mobile apps (iOS and Android) provide instant access to performance alerts and statuses, so you can begin troubleshooting issues as quickly as possible.
Join over 850,000 users, including:
Try it free for 30 days
Start monitoring your website's availabilitySTART 30-DAY FREE TRIAL
Get started now and you can cancel any time.
See how Pingdom can work for your site:
Test your site’s availability from all over the world.
Effective alerting for when you need to be the first to know.
Page speed monitoring
Examine and optimize the load performance of your website.
Visitor Insights (RUM)
Enhance your site performance with data from actual site visitors.