WordPress Performance Optimization
The advanced tool set in SolarWinds® Pingdom® is built for WordPress monitoring and reporting, providing in-depth data and analysis on uptime, page speed, and overall web performance. Pingdom can help identify and fix issues and bottlenecks affecting your webpages to improve the user experience across your WordPress websites.
Optimize Your WordPress Performance
Slow loading times or website outages can cost your online business customers and revenue. Pingdom provides tools to monitor your WordPress website’s performance, check its availability, alert you about issues as they arise, and present data in clear, comprehensive visual reports.
- Automated ping testing and reporting—Pingdom can run synthetic tests on your WordPress website up to every 60 seconds, checking whether it’s suffered an outage. If there’s no response, Pingdom will retest your website. Once it’s established the website is down, you’ll immediately be alerted. You can choose to receive alerts via SMS, email, push notification, or compatible apps.
- Global WordPress performance optimization—Pingdom uses a network of 100-plus servers located across the globe. By sending pings from geographically diverse locations, Pingdom gives you an accurate representation of how users around the world are experiencing your website. These tests will help you identify any localized performance issues and CDN outages occurring in specific areas.
- Transaction monitoring—Monitor all your business-critical transactions on your WordPress website to ensure all areas of your site are fully functioning. Among many other options, you can monitor the shopping cart and check-out processes, new customer sign-ups or membership logins, and searches on your site. Pingdom will test the transactions by simulating simple to complex user workflows on your website, and it will immediately notify you if any of the transaction tests fail and tell you what step of the workflow did not complete successfully.
- WordPress reporting tools—Pingdom stores website speed analysis—and other performance data—for up to two weeks so you can track statistics and trends and identify problems affecting load times, user experience, and other performance-related factors. You can use these insights to inform future optimization strategies for your website.
Suite of Monitoring and Reporting Tools
Pingdom provides a suite of monitoring and reporting tools designed to do more than uptime checks and basic page loading time reporting. Using Pingdom, you can analyze every page of your website and drill right down to gain a clear understanding of why your site is underperforming. You can also monitor key components of your website, including APIs, DSN, CDNs, network, etc.
- Website content optimization—Find out how fast the elements on each page of your WordPress website load, including scripts, style sheets, images, videos, and more. Armed with this information, you can make significant changes, optimize large elements, reduce page size, and improve speed across your site.
- Identify performance bottlenecks—View data on transaction speeds to help you identify and fix any bottlenecks between your webpages and the site’s database. By optimizing all transactions for smooth performance, you will improve user experience across the board.
- The Pingdom filmstrip feature—Pingdom provides a great visualization of pages loading by capturing a screenshot every 500 milliseconds, and it turns these images into a filmstrip. This visual timeline presents the order in which every element of a page loads and how long it takes each of them to do so. Use these insights to alter script execution and reorder webpage assets so your page content loads in the correct order, with the most important elements appearing first.
- Real user monitoring—Alongside its synthetic monitoring tools, Pingdom offers real user monitoring (RUM). Track real users as they browse your site to learn more about their experience on every page. Data can be filtered to give you greater insight into how website load times differ depending on location, device, or platform. You can use this information to enhance the performance of your site for specific target groups.