Web Server Availability Monitoring
Stay on top of outages and potential issues with our powerful web server availability monitoring tool. Monitor the performance and availability of your web servers with SolarWinds® Pingdom® and get in-depth insights into CPU and memory utilization with SolarWinds AppOptics™.
Track Server Resources and Monitor Website Availability
Test the availability of servers, applications, and websites instantly with Pingdom and get deeper insights into their resource utilization with AppOptics.
- Key Server Metrics – Tracking a server’s key resources—such as CPU, memory, disk utilization, and I/O capacity—is crucial to finding out the potential issues leading to application performance and downtime. Pingdom integrates well with AppOptics to enable infrastructure capabilities, get the client-side perspective of availability and performance, and provide code-level visibility to ensure well-performing applications, websites, and servers.
- Synthetic Monitoring –Proactively monitor the end-user experience by simulating visitor interactions with your site. Check website availability from different geographic locations with the uptime monitoring feature in Pingdom and understand the reasons behind website slowdowns with page speed analysis. Pingdom also helps you test simple and complex transactions (such as user logins and checkouts) with transaction monitoring.
- Real User Monitoring – Understand the site visitor’s experience and get deeper insights into users’ digital behaviors. With the scalable and lightweight real user monitoring (RUM) feature in Pingdom, it’s easier to monitor millions of pageviews and compare the current usage metrics with those over the last month or year to better understand your website’s performance.
Monitor Server Assets Proactively
Identify potential outages, visualize server performance, and address network issues proactively.
- Root Cause Analysis –Pingdom performs a root cause analysis once its monitoring network detects downtime. It helps collect crucial data to determine the actual cause of an outage or an error. The root cause analysis in Pingdom also performs traceroute and provides additional information about IP connectivity issues, missing pages, HTTP 404 errors (page not found), HTTP 503 errors (service unavailable), HTTP 401 errors (unauthorized access), and HTTP 403 errors (forbidden).
- Real-Time Alerts – It’s crucial for businesses to know when their server assets are down or unavailable. Pingdom is an event-based solution designed to notify teams about issues in real time by sending alerts via SMS, email, or push notifications. These alerts can be integrated with applications such as Slack, PagerDuty, webhooks, and Hipchat. Teams can also track and test the page speed, availability, and performance of the servers, website, and applications.
- Reports – Pingdom provides several types of reports. Uptime reports provide data based on the uptime, downtime, and response time of servers and applications. Transaction reports are similar to uptime reports, but they specifically provide data on transaction checks. Page speed reports include information regarding page load time, performance grade (rated by Yslow), the number of requests, and page size. Real user monitoring (RUM) reports give insight into the load time of the website from different platforms, browsers, and geographic locations.
Get Powerful Plug-Ins and Lightweight API
Pingdom offers plug-ins to collect RUM data instantly and a developer-friendly API to get real-time web performance insights into your existing systems.
- Pingdom Plug-Ins – View and analyze the performance data of your website and others using the Pingdom real user monitoring bookmarklet. It enables users to view real user data based on visits over different periods of time. Pingdom also offers WordPress and Slack plug-ins to collect website visitors’ data and send you instant notifications in Slack when your website is unavailable.
- Pingdom API – SolarWinds Pingdom uses a RESTful and HTTP-based API. HTTP requests make communication easier between the existing applications and systems, and the API enables users to write their own applications and scripts using the functionality in Pingdom. These scripts provide application performance insights into your existing systems or portals. The API also helps automate workflows based on the availability and performance tests Pingdom performs.